Monday

what we picked for the kitchen backsplash...


Aubrey started tiling the backsplash. :-) He's a pro after having tiled the basement bathroom, so a project like this was easy for him to do. In terms of the tile I ended up going with my gut instinct and went with a classic white subway tile. Although the white subway tile is one of the more economical tiles to go with, it definitely doesn't look "economical" when you pair it with everything else we've picked. It looks really gorgeous, so I'm really happy.

We purchased the tiles from Home Depot after I compared different subway tiles in this post. The Home Depot tiles definitely complimented the off white Ikea Adel doors the best. In terms of the grout colour, we'll be going with white grout. For for me, a gray grout would have added just that pinch of too much fuss. We're getting close! Eeeek!

Ps., Some of you have asked for a full rundown in the end of what we picked and tips from the full kitchen reno. I'll definitely do this at the end so there can be a comprehensive post.