Saturday

Organizing the Other Side of the Closet

My husband is very good about putting his clothes back in the closet, but his side always looked messy!  We even put a coat rack in the corner so he could hang his sweatshirts from it.  Truthfully, it always looked terrible!








So, being the one who is overly anal about loves organization, I convinced him that we should add some shelves. 
Since all of the other shelves are painted in here, I got to painting....




Here is the new and improved, clean, organized closet! 





Yes, I am the one who color coordinates all of his shirts.  He used to complain that he didn't have this color shirt or that color shirt.  Now as soon as I get them home from the cleaners (or in the case of the polos, as soon as I've ironed them), I put them away by color.  This has completely eliminated his complaints about his shirt selection.  :) 





The whole project cost only $26. 


Since I try to finish my posts by giving full disclosure--here it is.  My husband couldn't care less about whether he has a bar, coat rack or shelves.  He puts his stuff wherever there is an open spot.  :)  But, I am in the closet several times a day and am a bit of a neat freak. I love that it is now neat and organized.  And we did save the rod so if we ever want to rehang it, we can. 




Thanks for coming by.  I appreciate your visits and comments!

Pam

I am linking to: