Sunday

Spicing Up a Galvanized Pail


I learned about using Mod Podge to adhere a label to an object without seeing the paper,  from Pamela's blog:  From My Front Porch to Yours.  

I was out garage saling last weekend and found eight of these galvanized buckets for 25 cents each.  I knew I could make something fun out of them. 




I started with this graphic from The Graphics Fairy's blog.  I printed it off on my laser printer. 



Make sure you flip the image so it'll come out right when you make your project.
 
(I have a black and white printer, so the graphic came out in black and white.)

***If you don't have a laser printer, you can print it off on your inkjet and take that to Kinko's (or probably any grocery store with a copier) and make a copy from their laser printer.  I think copies are less than 10 cents each. 

I applied matte Mod Podge to the graphic and the can and stuck it on the can.  I tried to smooth out any wrinkles, then left it alone until the next morning. 




The next morning I sprayed water on it and started carefully rubbing off the paper.  I think I must've used some heavy paper, because it took forever to rub it off.  I had to come back to it a few times after I thought I was done and respray it and rub off more paper.  Be very careful with the edges as I had a problem with one corner tearing away.  I'm going to call it 'character' and leave it at that...  :)




 And here's the finished product.









Thanks for coming by!


The Graphics Fairy
vif187