Friday

An Old Washboard for the Laundry Room

I love old washboards and was so happy to find one on our local Craigslist last week.
 
 
This one has great graphics and the glass is in perfect condition.  What better place for it than the laundry room.
 
 
I made these "Mod podged with Graphics Fairy labels" laundry detergent bottles a couple of years ago  HERE.
 
I collect scales and was going to redo the one on the end, then decided I kind of like it in here, especially with the rusty pointer.

 
 
  I filled some blue canning jars with old clothespins, clips and spools of thread.  The chicken wire basket holds dusting and mopping cloths.
 
 
 
Last summer I found this copper washtub.  We use it in here for dirty towels. 


 
 
Thank goodness I have a modern washer and dryer.  I can't imagine the work that was involved in  doing laundry back in the day!
 
Thanks for coming by! 
 
Pam
 
 
I am linking to the following parties: 
 
 

DIY Show Off