Friday

Mom Had Some Talent!

My Mom used to spend every evening doing some sort of craft making.  She made beautiful crocheted afghans that we all treasure.  But I think her biggest talent was in counted cross-stitch.  She made SO many pieces, it was astounding!  Luckily, I was a fortunate recipient of several of her creations!
 
 
A couple of these were from kits that I purchased and asked her to complete, but most were just from reading a pattern on a piece of paper.  The patience required for this type of handi-work is amazing to me!


My favorite pillow!




This calendar has hung in our house for many, many years.  It's definitely one of my favorites!

 
(Please excuse the flash in some my pictures.)


 
Birdhouses (of course!)
 
 
 
We had pigs while growing up.  This Hampshire reminds me of one of our favorite pigs, Lucy!
 

 
 
 
 
 
 Birds and Gardens.  Perfect!



 
 
 
 

 
I love Americana!
 
 

 
This one was a very special gift to my daughter.  My Mom's good friend, Jan Jameson, is the artist of this picture and a couple of others above.  She made her artwork into cross-stitch patterns.  What a great keepsake.
 
 
It definitely makes me happy to have her amazing creations all over my house.
 
Thank you for your visit!
 
Pam
 
 
I am linking to the following parties: