Sunday

Picking a Window Colour

Aubrey and I decided on Vinyl windows for our house (opposed to wood) What I didn't realize is that vinyl windows come in a variety of colours apart from the standard white.

In terms of price, it jumps up in three ways when you start to consider colour (1) White is least expensive, (2) Picking a pre-made colour from the manufacturers paint deck is a minimal increase, and lastly (3) to do a custom colour is adding few hundred dollars just to do the colour matching. So we've chosen to do colour for the front but to keep our budget in check, we're doing white windows in the back of the house. Additionally, we're picking a colour from the manufacturers paint deck.

Vinylbuilt, who is making our windows offers these colour options and torn between two. Keep in mind that we're going to (eventually) paint the yellow siding so I want to make sure we pick a colour that will work with some siding ideas we had.

I have my Benjamin Moore Paint decks out as I am trying to co-ordinate the window colour with the (undecided) new colour for our vinyl siding. I'm more comfortable with the lighter colour (left) as it means we can go with darker siding colours. But I am also drawn to the dark window. Ugh. So confused.

* True with any of our company recommendations, we stress that you should do price comparisons and research. Aubrey and I both would like to stress that if a company wants you to sign a contract on the spot, show them the door. No one should pressure you into signing something...ever.