Wednesday

Terra Cotta-Mod Podge Love






I found this plain terra cotta wine cooler at Hobby Lobby the other day and wanted to use the Mod podge technique that I've used before and originally saw at Heavens Walk  and From My Front Porch to Yours.


I used this graphic from The Graphics Fairy.  To get the mirror image, I used the ROTATE tab in Picnik.  I printed it off on my laser printer. 


I applied Mod Podge to the side with ink and pressed it on the piece.  It went on really smoothly, but if there had been any wrinkles, this would be the time to carefully get rid of them.  

Now walk away from the project until morning!








After letting it sit overnight,  I sprayed water over the entire label.

I carefully rubbed the paper off with my finger.  Be especially careful around the edges, as sometimes they want to peel away...






Keep rewetting it and rubbing the paper off.  As it dries, you'll see where there is still some paper. 











This project was a lot of fun. My finger got a workout from rubbing that paper off, but I think it's worth it in the end with a unique piece.

Thanks for coming by!

Pam


I am linking to the following parties:


Savvy Southern Style's Wow Us Wednesdays
2805's Potpourri Friday
 
Photobucket
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
The DIY Show Off The Graphics Fairy