Wednesday

Copper Pot Spiffed Up

Last weekend when I was out garage-saling, I found this copper tub.  I paid $10 for it.  To say I was excited is a little bit of an understatement.  :)

My husband started to clean it up.  Now, I'm torn here.  I LOVED the patina, but it was really dirty and I did want to use it in the house...  So I'm sure some of you will think we are completely crazy, but we cleaned it up. 

I used Bar Keepers Friend and a blue scrubby.  In the cracks and dents I used a toothbrush with Bar Keepers Friend sprinkled on it.



After it was all clean, I used a microfiber cloth and put Brasso on it.



Now I have a place in my laundry room for dirty towels.  I used to have an Ikea laundry basket, and like this 100% better!! 




I did not get to the lid yet.  It is made out of steel, so will now look quite different than the tub.
I may move it to the family room and put blankets in it.  Right now I'm loving it here.
Thanks for your visit!
Pam


I am linking to the following parties:

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

Home Stories A2Z