Tuesday

ordering a custom rug


I thought I'd give some tips from my experience ordering a custom rug. The whole process really is quite simple, but I did a lot of research and a lot of careful consideration prior to ordering.

Before anything I calculated the distance from the wall that the carpet would be by googling "How far should an area carpet be from the wall". This led me to a lot of pages including Apartment Therapys helpful post on the proper distance for spacing things. Most rules said that 12" - 18" was the proper spacing from wall to carpet. But when I measured that out, it felt that the carpet was going to look like a postage stamp. So I decided to leave 9" between wall and where the carpet would start.

More photos and some tips after the jump, if ordering a custom rug is something you're considering.
Read more »