Tuesday

used in a wedding / love for the home


As you know, my little brother and his longtime girlfriend, Lindsay, are getting married. I'm ridiculously excited. Obviously I've been pinning away inspirational items along with the Bride (see her pin board here). As I save inspirational images I find that a lot of the wedding decor I'm liking these days could easily be used at home in a more casual atmosphere.

The top table setting (via) could easily be translated for a dinner party at home. Get cedar from Home Depot and cut to various heights. Put on the top dollar store candles and, small vases ... voila! Below, the old wood tree stumps - which you can find in cottage country at different heights act as a great spot for candles. Wouldn't this be gorgeous if you were having a winter party, to have on your porch? The last piece I loved were these wood slices painted with chalk, that you can buy here. For a wedding this would be cute to have by food/drink station, but at home, these could be place cards for your guests.

Anyhow,just a wee bit obsessed with wedding decor. :)

Images: Top Table Decor, Tree Stump Image, Chalk on Wood,