Tuesday

growing the business...

Today is my 8th anniversary of marrying Aubrey, and also, the official date that I started my business. Two major life moments that have turned out to get sweeter with age.

It's fitting to me that on the anniversary of starting my company, I reveal a new development in my business. As of a few weeks ago I signed with an art publisher. An art publisher is a company that produces high quantities of art for retailers. As an artist this is an amazing opportunity because I get to create but let my publisher take care of all of the other details such as selling, printing, shipping.

Let me stop here to explain that I'm trying to write this post in a semi-professional way, but for the moment, let me stop, do a dance around my office, squeal a little bit with excitement, and I will now sit back down and compose myself.

This is something I feel is perfect for my brand. Just a few short months ago I made a decision to regroup & refocus on what I truly enjoy - creating art, and building my company. Although I'm beyond excited, I'm also somewhat nervous. For any artist reading this, that feeling should come as no surprise. Even after 8 years of creating art there are always nerves when putting work in front of a new audience.

I'll still be selling prints in my shop, but what this art publisher will be able to produce is unlike anything I can create myself - huge canvases, framed prints - it's amazing and I'm so excited. I'll be updating my website with stores where you may be able to find my work. But for now, I just wanted to announce this huge new development. Yay! xoxo Linds