Tuesday

sharing online - where do we draw the line?




On Oscar's half birthday I was sitting with my Mom after dinner - watching Oscar play in the other room with my brother and sister. I watched him with his hilarious mannerism, having full out conversations.  I turned to my Mom and said "I think it's time that Oscar was no longer on my blog." I'm not sure why I said it, but when the words came out I realized that I had been thinking it for awhile. My Mom kindly responded that she agreed, that maybe it was time for Oscar to just be, well, Oscar. It wasn't a huge discussion and within a minute we were back to talking about other things.  The drive home that night I wondered what had changed. Why had I felt comfortable for two and a half years of Oscar's life to post pictures, and suddenly, almost overnight, I decided I wasn't?

Read more »