Tuesday

Kitchen Windows

Our Eat in kitchen window was arguably, the window I hated the most in the house. It was really the window that was at the root of the full window replacement project. Here is the before (when we bought) and the "Now" photo...

We went for 2 huge casement that open up. Although the same size, the window appears larger because there is more glass and you don't have that horizontal ban in the middle. I am reminded daily now, when I look out this window, how much this improves the feel of the house. Bitting the bullet on the windows was hard (in part because we had such awful experiences with window companies, up until Fieldstone) and also, because it's a lot of money and windows (at the time) didn't feel very "sexy" as an investment. But I can now confirm they definintely are worthwhile.

*I need to paint the trim that they added in. That is this weeks project.