Monday

New Dining Room Chairs

Our dining room is taking shape, and I am in love! We took delivery of our dining room chairs and here is our  Dining room right now.... It is coming together perfectly. :)
I think the new chairs totally update the room. To remind you - we invested in new dining room chairs to update the table that was given to us my my parents. (To see the chairs that came with the table, click here)

The chairs are called the "Mia" and were custom made by Silva, who is a Canadian furniture manufacturer. If you recognize the name, they are who makes Sarah Richardsons furniture, but also her go to spot for re upholstery. (You can never go wrong with her sources)

I picked the chair style, fabric, nail head detail colour and even the leg stain and the chairs came out amazing. I walk by and run my hand over the curved back and smile. They are absolutely well worth the investment. These are our "forever" chairs. Classic, and will stand the test of time and changing styles in home decor. The neutral means it will survive changing colour trends, and the craftsmanship means they will likely be handed down to my children.

I also think that this is a pretty good example of how an old table can be instantly trasformed by changing out chairs. I'm often surprised at how much dining room tables cost, so I say buy a vintage table and invest in the seating. :)

Next up - Adding some art, and working with the light fixture. (No, I won't paint it) This is going to be budget as we used up our full budget on the chairs!