Monday

I Had a BALL Making These Towels

I've made many of these towels for myself and friends using other graphics, but was so excited when The Graphics Fairy posted these canning jars recently. (and in two colors!!)   I love this graphic!




I started with Jolee's Image Transfer Paper (purchased at Michael's)

I printed off the graphics on my  INKJET  printer (laser copies will not work with the transfer paper)   Be sure to ROTATE in Picnik to get the mirror image. 
 






 Cut around the graphic, but on this one don't cut too close.  It's a big transfer and it's best to leave a little extra edge so it adheres correctly.  Once it's washed a time or two, the edge will not show at all.



Heat up your iron on the cotton setting with NO steam.  I used a board underneath it.  I used Ikea towels.
  




Iron the towel where the graphic will be going, then set it on where you want it.  I generally keep it on the bottom half of the towel and centered between the red stripes.  It then will hang on my dishwasher handle and show up well.  (just my preference)  :)



Set the iron on each area for 20 seconds, making sure you get everything ironed really well.  (set the iron on the spot, hold for 20 seconds, pick the iron up and move it to another spot--don't move the iron around during those 20 seconds)  You can go over everything several times if you want. 


Let it cool completely and carefully remove the paper backing.  Make sure you don't launder the towels for at least 72 hours (per the directions on the transfer paper) so the image will adhere properly.


And you end up with these great towels.  The iron on transfer will fade some when you wash them, which will make them even more vintage looking!





Thanks for your visit!

Pam


 I am linking to the following parties:

Savvy Southern Style's Wow Us Wednesdays 
Potpourri Party at 2805 



The Graphics Fairy