Tuesday

Simple Way to Enjoy Fall Flowers

I'm sure everyone has seen the little pots of mums that are available in just about every grocery store and home improvement store in the summer and fall.  They are usually about $2.50 here, but sometimes are on sale for 99 cents.  I love to use them in my house for a pop of color, but they only last a couple of weeks before looking tired.  Instead of throwing them out, I just plant them out in my yard.  A few months later when everything else has died, they are looking great (and a whole lot bigger)!

 


I took these pictures last Saturday (late October) after my Cosmos and tomatoes bit the dust from a recent freeze.  



(Please excuse the mesh--our dog loves to go back there and dig.)


So the next time you have those little mums that look tired inside, just find a spot out in your yard.  You'll be enjoying the blooms for years to come.

Thanks for your visit!

Pam